View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
RedAndy

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Tufty,

I feel you and I'm glad you posted! This disease is the disease of addiction and alcohol is just a symptom, I can attest to that as well! I never do anything halfway! Be it alcohol, drugs, sex or food! It's good that you can see the patterns and hopefully you can get a working plan. Working through the pain, shame, fear and getting to the root is Paramount, but I also believe in replacing 'bad' addictions and obsessions with 'good' ones...I focus in exercise, reading and getting outside and it really does help! Isolation is an enemy!

We're here for you!
^^ This, same goes for me - once started there's absolutely no stopping with anything, agree though with channelling the obsessions in the right direction, exercise and healthy eating plan are a great place to start and definitely help keep me focused.

Good to hear from you Tufty, was thinking earlier not heard from you for a while, deffo give the weed a wide berth tho fella, replacing the buzz with another substance is only gonna leave the door ajar for the others to creep back in.

Kicking sugar into touch is a big thing too - another evil in my eyes, not as bad as others we've done to excess but one that is something you feel much better without - its not easy to do but the times I have got rid of it in the past from my diet are the times I've definitely felt the best, often wonder why I let it creep back in but in general the reason for that previously has been the booze and binging, with that gone its much easier - get bang into the exercise and not smoking weed will be a no brainer.