View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Morning all,

Happy New Year to you all, I hope 2016 brings sobriety (or continued sobriety) to all my classmates.

I've been reading your updates but not posting, mainly due to shame.

I had my first sober festive season for about thirty six years and despite attending a few boozy affairs, I have been and still am, steadfastly ignoring the temptation to drink.

However, it is now apparent that I'm not just an alcoholic but a full blown addict. This shouldn't be a surprise to me but sobriety has certainly highlighted my addictive personality and my desire to thrill seek or get high.

My caffeine and sugar intake have both gone through the roof. I've been actively seeking out, purchasing and smoking cannabis for the first time in a long while and worst of all I've been engaging in unhealthy sexual activity. They all seam to feed off each other.

What a complete **** - up I am. I need to sort this all out.
Tufty,

I feel you and I'm glad you posted! This disease is the disease of addiction and alcohol is just a symptom, I can attest to that as well! I never do anything halfway! Be it alcohol, drugs, sex or food! It's good that you can see the patterns and hopefully you can get a working plan. Working through the pain, shame, fear and getting to the root is Paramount, but I also believe in replacing 'bad' addictions and obsessions with 'good' ones...I focus in exercise, reading and getting outside and it really does help! Isolation is an enemy!

We're here for you!