View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Mark1014

I hope yours was a nice day of serenity Leigh, you most certainly earned it. Did a little laundry myself today.....one load. And that reminds me I need to move it to the drier.

I hope the jump back to normal routine has gone nicely for the gang. I like this quiet time of year but understand that some find it to be a downer.

I got an email from my dad's brother today and he closed by asking when I'd be down to see them because he had some beer in the fridge with my name on it. In my reply I told him I wasn't doing any 'beer drinking' these days as it had become too important to me but that I'd enjoy a visit all the same.

It's funny that something as simple as that did make me feel a little vulnerable/uncomfortable/are they gonna take my guy card kind of feeling. Anyway, I guess it's just another small step in establishing myself as a non-drinker. I've very much isolated myself from going down to the home farm because I discovered last time that I wasn't ready just yet. I miss it sometimes though as I feel close to my dad there. So I've put it out there now and it may help when I venture down someday.

Oh yeah, and in his reply he said 'good for you, all of us could cut back a little'.