View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
snowvelvet

Hi all!

Two calendar months today.

On the subject of PMS - Oh God, yes. Mine was horrendous when drinking and I used to get very, very low with it. Not sure how much I used it as an excuse.

However, with more sober time as the general depression has lifted the dip that it causes is a lot less and lot more manageable. I also use an app to track it. (The pill I'm on means I never know if it is coming or not. The indication of sore boobs is enough of an idea now though).

Relationships. I echo what I said before. We drank for a reason. I'm not saying my partner caused it, he certainly didn't. I was the one who made the choice to pour copious amounts of vodka down my throat. My experience is that once we had drink as our coping method for anything, we turned to it though. It was the fail safe. It did what it said on the tin. Blocked things out, or numbed them.

With the poison removed, we have to face relationships in the cold light of day, with the lubrication removed.

It does read that many of you have less than supportive partners. In one meeting I was at on Saturday, a lady drank 2 days before her two months. The reason? Her partner said she had done so well throughout Christmas, they should have some champagne to celebrate. Of course, it set her on a spree. The first drink, even though he "thoughtfully" offered to drink most of the bottle was enough to put the wheels straight back in motion.

We understand that one day at a time, we are looking at this for the rest of our lives. There are no off days.

For normal drinkers, they cannot get that.

Day 61.