View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
charliesworld

Hi guys

Wow I only missed yesterday and there's loads of newcomers and posts.

I'm doing good today. First day back in work, just sorted out my new year stuff which I should have done last week. Replaced the wine I took from my mums this morning and that was the last thing I need to sort after my binge last week. I have a key to her house and I'm tempted to give it back to her so I can't do it again but then on the flip side it makes me feel like a failure. Also it worries me that if it happens again and I get desperate for booze I'll try other means like going to the shop drunk to get more. Argghhh!

I'd like to make meditation part of my routine. I'm trying to change a few things this year. Less facebook - there's nothing interesting on there anyway! More time concentrating on the now instead of distracting myself with gadgets. I'm thinking of coming in work a bit later than I used to just because I want to be less tired in the evening. I get in around 6-6.30 currently but with the kids activities and stuff after work I'm shattered by 9. I'm thinking if I sleep in a bit later then I'll be less stressed because I won't be so tired at night getting everything organised. I work for myself so it isn't like I have to make up the extra hours and being as shiote as I am hardly have any clients anyway. I spend a lot of time in the office browsing the net - another thing I want to do less of. My plan is if I find myself doing it I'll go out for a quick walk and hopefully come back in a better frame of mind. Eating healthily to help with my mental health more than anything and training for a half marathon I promised I'd do with a friend are a couple of other things.

I know I'm going to be ok for a couple of months now as I don't drink regularly anymore. My next danger time I think will be around March when Easter and a few family birthdays come up.

Have a lovely day everyone and for those struggling - stay strong!!