View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
rah555

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Kiki, I've been in the same situation. My husband suggested to take a holiday in the spring. He thinks that it would help our marriage. I don't want to go. He is also a "normal" drinker. But I realized that his drinking is not the problem, I just don't want to spend time with him. It scares me to face the reality that we won't enjoy a holiday together. It scares me to spend time with him only to realize that I don't enjoy being around him. I have no idea how to deal with this...I wish I could give you some better advice...
Kiki and Patricia,
I am also facing a similar situation. Although in my case I enjoy my husband's company. The problem is the way our life style has been and he wants it to be includes alcohol, social drinking, going out. I find myself caught between what works for me vs what works for him. I stop drinking for a while but our pattern doesn't change do I end up getting confidant after being tempted and I drink. Then I slip, etc. I think this is hard for our spouses and we should tell them that we want to find non alcohol related activities. You and your spouses have a chance to get to know each other again, without alcohol as the focus. You won't have a chance to go that unless you get on the same page. I am not on the same page with my spousal yet. I find this issue extremely difficult to talk about.