View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
I am going to say something here that will probably make me unpopular Patricia but suggesting that PMS is a reason for drinking is going a bit far in my book. Many people manage to stop get sober and stay sober for life despite grappling with all kinds of problems.. major depression, serious illnesses, mental health problems, menopause, trauma, abuse, divorce etc etc. At some point we need to decide that we are stronger than all that and that we are not going to pick up that drink, no matter what, ever. PMS doesn't make you drink. You drink because you have not yet got a strategy for dealing with irritability or whatever else you feel at that time of the month.

You also talk about having had a drink but "no harm done". I would disagree with that. One drink, no matter how tiny or insignificant, is still compromising your sobriety.

I am saying this out of genuine concern for you. I myself was the Queen of excuses as to why I had that one off/little drink. But one day I realised you can't "sort of get sober". You either do or you don't.

Thinking of you.
But it could be the excuse, and divert the problem thus giving u a reason for feeling g like **** being horrid and confused? ?? Deflect the problem...
I almost wanted to be drunk tonight so when tomorrow was horrible I had to cope with a hangover NOT the fact my job is too hard and I don't want to do it. Deflection. ... work was one of my reasons to drink... avoids the responsibility.

I agree we all need to stop the deflections. .. bloody AV!!!