View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Bluejay71

Good morning group, thank you all for sharing your journey. Day 9 today for me and I feel good. I went to an AA meeting the last two nights and think that the Saturday night meeting is going to become my home group. I really like it and feel safe there.

Dee that link you posted about how to deal with alcoholic cravings is really helping me. I haven't had huge cravings the last few days, but sometimes I find my thoughts beginning to romanticize alcohol, or fantasizing about 'the good old days' and I just don't let myself continue in those thoughts for a minute. I just shut them down instantly, and wow this is really helping. I know from past experience that allowing those thoughts to grow will lead me back to drinking. Because of my hundreds of 'quits' in the past, I have a lot of experience to look at when the shift would occur in my mind from being resolute about not drinking to knowing I was going to be drinking that night. And allowing those thoughts to grow has had a BIG part in when the shift took place. So I am really focussing on that right now and it is working!

Hope you all have a fantastic Sober Sunday!

Bluejay