View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
ClearCut

Hi all, hope everyone's ok and welcome to those who have joined today, 2 Jan 2016. We all deserve a fresh start, let's keep the momentum and chip away at this day by day. I've had an ok day today, decent sleep and lie in. Still having night sweats, but can live with that. Feel a bit heavy headed/lethargic. Was a bit surprised not to hear a whisper from AV at all today, all a bit strange. But it will happen before long, for certain. Enjoyed my first sober Saturday for a good while. Looking forward to a fresh Sunday morning tomorrow, with meaningful family time - no crashing out like a zombie stinking of beer. Caught up on a few posts:-

- charliesworld - I'm totally with you on the plan of action and turning focus to exercise goals. I find it really gives me a sense of added purpose, once I get the momentum! Ironically I always knew that alcohol undermined my past consistency with all gym+running, by blunting my enthusiasm. I'm going to do the Great North Run this year, and using that as one of my main incentives to finally kick the booze forever. Amazing how even the thought of sobriety lifts the spirits and lets life creep back into the room of our aspirations!

- loopylou - It cleared my head getting the decorations down, suppose just the manual task itself was helpful to steer me away from any bad preoccupations. Hope the AV has been under control for you and you have had a fun and sober day.

- ss - keep with us here, one day at a time bud. We only have the moment we occupy now to build from, step by step. Keep SR and any other positive folk in your life right on hand.

- nmd - your description of the mindset which has lead to you drinking again kind of mirrors my own experiences in recent years. In my case I can actually reach a point in sobriety where the obvious "craving" form of AV disappears, but is replaced by a form of conscious pact which I enter into. Like I reach a conclusion that yes, I can live with not drinking, but somehow convince myself that I will conditionally do so anyway to alleviate what I see as boredom. I think I've learned now that this happened because I didn't take action to fill the void left by drinking. That is my main focus this time around. I too have got a lot from AVRT & mindfulness - an area I'm working on.

- benice - as Dee says, your one day at a time approach is the best way to get going. 24 hours, rinse, repeat & trust you'll be stronger. Keep it going.

- Jane - sounds like you are living and learning and have a solid plan as a foundation. I wish you well.