View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
charliesworld

Good morning everyone from the UK. 2nd January and I'm grateful it's a Saturday. I hate going back to work the day after new year.

I want to put a plan of action into place this year. I want to sort out my mood and look after myself better. I have a goal to run a half marathon this year. I did my first 10km run last year. I was supposed to start my training over Christmas but drink got in the way and I am still not strong enough physically to do it so it will have to wait. Hopefully by Monday I will be ok and can get to the gym after work. I'd love to be able to meditate but I can never find the motivation to find a time to do it. I think that's one thing that would be really beneficial. I want to change my diet so that it helps my mental health rather than making me feel worse. I need to research what foods will help with that.

Yesterday I went to my mums for a new years day meal/party. We go every year and every year my day is spoiled because I have a massive hangover or I am recovering from a binge which takes me a good 3/4 days to get over these days. Yesterday my heart was racing, I hadn't slept well and when I did was plagued by sweating and nightmares, I couldn't taste my food properly and I was paranoid about what everyone was thinking about me. Next year I want to have got though the year without a binge and be free from those feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness and starting the new year under a cloud.

Today I am getting my decorations down ready to start the New Year afresh. I'm hoping to watch a couple of films later and tomorrow will be getting everyone ready for the new week back in work/school.

What does everyone else have planned today? What are you putting in place to get help you get through this?