View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Adnamaeel

Happy New Year, Fools!
I hope this year brings all kinds of good things to all of you.
It's been a very busy season for me, and I'm glad the holidays are done for the year. My 6 week show went very well, and as tired as I am of making things, I have some new ideas I need to start on before I forget them. I've been working at the shelter a lot, it's been a cold few months here, and I was there on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and last night. I think it's the first time since this program started that it was cold enough for us to be open on all 3 holidays. I'm going in tonight, too, but it looks like it's going to warm up enough that we'll be closed for the rest of the week. Last month we had a night that we couldn't open because we didn't have enough volunteers to make it happen, and the TV news and local newspaper ran stories about it, and we had such a huge turnout at our next volunteer training that people were turned away. We now have about 300 newly trained volunteers, which is very encouraging.
My former father in law died suddenly a few days before Christmas, and I went to the coast a few days ago for his funeral. It was the first time I had seen any of my ex husband's family since he and I split, and I was nervous about how I would be received, but I am still a part of my ex's support system, and I felt like I needed to be there for him. It turned out to be a really good experience, and I'm glad I went. It was good to see every one of his family members, and they were glad to see me, too. I had really missed my niece and nephews on that side, and seeing them was wonderful, as was realizing that I can still be their aunt, even if I'm not with their uncle anymore. As sad as the occasion was, it turned out to be very healing for me.
I am looking forward to a very uneventful January. I don't plan to leave town for more than a day until I go east in Feb, and I have almost nothing scheduled until then, so I plan to read a lot, purge a lot of my stuff, and start a new exercise DVD program that i have wanted for a long time, but wasn't willing to pay for. It was a daily deal on Amazon yesterday at 65% off, which brought it into my price range. The timing was perfect, I am really tired of the various workout DVDs I already have.
I'm in for your 2016 bargain, Dee.