View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
learntofly

Happy New Year all! I had a quiet night at home with my boyfriend planned, but a friend invited us over to her place and we went. She knows about my struggle with alcohol and knows that I quit drinking, so she enticed me to come over by saying that we wouldn't be drinking and that we would just have a chill movie night. When we got there, they were already drinking and offered us wine, beer, champagne...ugh. I declined, but the cravings were definitely there and my AV was desperately trying to make its voice heard! Her boyfriend was also smoking weed, which I would have gladly smoked if it would have been offered to me. Luckily it wasn't. I haven't smoked since New Year's Eve last year. Somehow, I don't think replacing one addiction with another would be such a good idea, but my AV keeps tring to convince me that I can't handle reality on my own and that I need something to help me deal with it. Bottom line, I didn't give in, but I'm a bit angry at my friend for putting me in that position. Had I known there would be alcohol involved, I probably wouldn't have gone. Anyway, I hope that you all had a lovely night and I wish the best for all of you in this coming year!