View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bemyself

Oops, 7 hours late to this: Aus calling here, happy sober NY 2016 to you guys!!

I did absolutely FA yesterday and last night, as it was really hot (40 degrees celsius) and a total fire ban day. Here in Victoria (the State) we've had a number of big nasty bush fires in various places since October until Christmas Day, wiping out lots of homes and generally scaring the pants off people. So I mostly stayed in under the evap air con with the dog,
prepared in case a fire started in the bush reserve very close to my place.

Yeah, it was a bit dull, a bit lonely, and I had to work on that silly FOMO stuff - ugh, 1/2 a million people will be in Melbourne CBD for the 'biggest ever' extravaganza etc (Council says it every year ), blah blah blah

And I stayed SOBER, yay!!! First sober NYE in god knows how many years, including recovery years, as I used to bust around the Christmas / NY week.

So, in the end: sober, clear head, calm and pretty sane. I was able to get up at midnight, woken by the sound of the extravaganza - 50kms away across the Bay from me! - and sit outside in the dark, still-warm air and just soak it up. Much like I did in the wee hours of Christmas Day, bathed in the full moon then, and clear, fragrant silence, ahhhhhhh. Two very special moments of peace.

Peace to all of us and this mad mad mad world this year : link here:
No Cookies | Herald Sun

xx Vic