View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I have a bed booked for detox next week. For the first time ever the girl asked me what plan I had when I get out .

This is the first time I've found an awesome person to get me into a rehab program , I may lose my job , but I have my life right ?

Shaun came with me to an AA MEETING tonight
Snoozy I think this is my favorite post of anything you have ever written! If we want toget on and have any chance at a good life, a time comes when we must take responsibility and truly face our problem.

When we are ready to face it head on and do anything to be better, we will get better. You will get better.

If I hadn't quit drinking, I would have lost my job. I'm guessing you are in the same boat. We can only keep up the charade for so long. I hope you don't lose your job, but I reckon there's a 100% chance you will if you don't stop drinking.

We'll be here. Now go get em. Do the detox and then get some rehab. You will not regret it. Recovery takes work and dedication, and we have to face things we've drank to ignore. But recovery is also a precious gift that will save your life.