View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Hi everyone! Finally had a chance to catch up on the posts. We were celebrating one of our children's birthdays. :-)

46 days today. I still have thoughts of drinking but try to quickly dismiss them & stay busy. Sooooo much better than a few weeks ago!

@Dallow-you're right! It IS easy to forget how bad we feel when we drink! The AV is relentless! I think AA would be great for you. I really love it! There is zero pressure & lots of support when I need it. :-) Why are you afraid of AA?

@Swimkim-I totally agree with you. If people weren't happy & at peace in sobriety...no one would stay sober!

@learn2fly-I agree with you, alcoholics most likely wish they could drink like they used to (which is ALOT) without the consequences. And haha....you're so right..."why drink if you aren't getting drunk?" I have never understood how and why someone sits down & has one or two drinks with dinner & stops. Weird. Lol.

@KIR-How are you doing today?

@Canguy-how is Tokyo? Are you ok???

@FaithfulandFree-thanks for the kind words. :-) How are you doing today?

@Blackbird-how are you? Are you feeling better? I'm sorry you drank. Don't beat yourself up. It's not worth it. Can you pinpoint where you derailed? Any more tools you can add to your chest? Thinking about you!

@Snowvelvet-56 days!!! Yay!

@Ultradad-I understand how you feel. Alcohol is everywhere! I often feel like I'm being left out & wish I could drink like a normal person but I can't & it's ok. Out of all the diseases to have, alcoholism is the only one that you can put into remission just by not drinking. :-)

@Jemma-enjoy your family time & ski time!

@Patricia-how are you feeling? Did you get your AV to shut up?

@Dee-I agree with you...New Years is just another day & personally...I think it's over-rated!

New Years Eve: everyone is in their finest clothes, looking nice, smiling & laughing as they chug their alcohol...5-4-3-2-1....the countdown to the New Year. People like us won't remember it. Even many NON-alcoholics won't remember it! What they DON'T show in all those Facebook & Instagram photos are the people stumbling down the road, passed out in the bathroom, vomiting, make-up running down their faces, handcuffs on their hands because they just got arrested for driving drunk or public intoxication...etc...

New Years Day: (they don't show this on Facebook or Instagram either). More vomiting. Lost wallets, purses, cars, money, clothes, shoes etc. Horrible headaches. Lost memories because of a blackout. Waking up in a hospital or jail cell. Mysterious bruises. Anxiety. Depression. Confusion. Shame. Guilt. Embarrassment. Etc.

What you are going to see if you log onto Facebook or Instagram over the next few days: it's gonna look like EVERYONE on the planet EXCEPT you is smiling, laughing, drinking & having a blast! It's a LIE! It's not that fun! What you see on FB is not real life. I plan to NOT log on to FB for a few days b/c my AV will use it to trigger me.

Sooooo....I hope you all are having a great day. I'm planning to lay low for the next few days & watch sports & eat good food! I'll be checking in here a lot too!

Just remember...don't drink! You will REGRET it!

If I missed anyone...HELLO!!! :-)