View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Morning, All!

Blackbird, thank you for your honesty. I know how hard it is bc I've been there too. I'm just so glad nothing happened to you. Two bottles of wine in a short time is a lot for your body to handle. I was previously in the April 2015 class and one of our members made it seven months before relapsing, but when she did she passed out and was unresponsive and was in the hospital for two days. Just from drinking the liquor she normally had. And she almost died! That really terrified me. I'm just so glad you are okay Blackbird and you are back with us. I know you can do this. Stay close (((Blackbird)))

Ultra, thanks for coming here to post about the New Years triggers. Play the tape through: if you drank (like your AV wants to drink) on New Years, what would happen? Play the tape all the way through. Now, what are the possibilities if you don't drink? I bet there are quite a few (or at least more than drunk, hungover, guilty, frustrated, out x$ bc of booze, etc). I know you can make the right choice!

My recovery homework today is to make a psychiatrist appointment. Done a little research but I feel like I just need to pull the trigger with someone. I want this!!

Take care everyone!
That's scary Kim!!!
Good luck with the appointment.