View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Hi KIR, I think that the 60-90 day window catches people who don't have a plan off guard. You are here and are dedicated to your sobriety. You know the AV may pipe up at a moment's notice, which is what you need to be prepared for. You know how to ride the craving through. We've had the discussion about PAWS, and the 60-90 day period is when that can start to occur. But remember, it may only be a day or two at a time. NOTHING compared to the 24/7 hell that drinking was. Just stay close to us and you will make it through!
Kim- thanks for the support!
Dee-I understand and I'm glad you did mention the window so we can all be aware of it since several of us are nearing that timeframe.

Ok, so I'm a little freaking out here today. My hubby and son just left town for a few days, which generally means party central at KIR's house!
In October (my first try at sobriety) I went to a couple of meetings and was doing really well. I had 11 days sober, but then hubby went out of town. It was a Friday. I didn't call my sponsor or anything. Somehow I went from being strong with no cravings to stopping at the market and buying several bottles of wine (because Ultra--I didn't want to run out and I had no intention of leaving the house for 2-3 days)
Long story short. I had my "3 day last harahhhh" I only hurt myself, not my hubby because he didn't know. On Monday the 9th of November I called my sponsor and told her what I did.
Here I am again, except I just left the market with no wine. I'm going to lean on you guys the next few days!!!! I don't want to blow it everytime my hubby is away. I originally quit for him and my son, but now it's for me.