View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Dallow

Hey class! Happy to see so many of you are doing well.

I spent christmas at a country cottage with my family. Don't really have a connection there so I've been a bit out of touch.

And what should I say? I have not binged, no disasters have happened. But yes I have been drinking a beer to christmas dinner, a glass of red to go with the cheese. I have been drinking like a normal person would do, but I know I am not a normal drinker still...

I sticked to one beer to dinner just like everybody else, but heck did I want to drink more! I didn't - but the urge was so strong.

So much for not counting days anymore...I guess I should start over for real after new years. I am not planning to drink much at new years eve, it will once again be with my family and most settle with a drink or two - nothing much. It's just like I gave up the total sobriety over this christmas time. I don't feel regret, but I am not happy about it. It is what it is, I need to level up

Maybe I should check in with the class of january too and try to re-commit. Whatever happens I want to say that since november I have had many more sober days than drunk ones, and that is all thanks to you guys! I have made a progress even though I did not reach the total sobriety that I long for.

I will read old posts to catch up with the group. Hope you are all doing well