View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Hi KIR, I think that the 60-90 day window catches people who don't have a plan off guard. You are here and are dedicated to your sobriety. You know the AV may pipe up at a moment's notice, which is what you need to be prepared for. You know how to ride the craving through. We've had the discussion about PAWS, and the 60-90 day period is when that can start to occur. But remember, it may only be a day or two at a time. NOTHING compared to the 24/7 hell that drinking was. Just stay close to us and you will make it through!

Quick check in tonight. Had a great day. To those who struggled today I hope you are doing a bit better. I'm glad you posted here and I hope that gave you strength.

Ultra, I'm glad you shared what happened on the camping trip. My AV would do the same thing. I'd decide I was going to drink, so I'd plan to buy a bottle of wine. But then while in the store I'd be wandering the aisle and my AV would say, "well you know just one bottle won't really be enough, you should buy a beer too just to be safe" even though I knew that meant a major hangover vs a manageable hangover. Yep, the AV always won that battle. And sometimes I even drove to buy even more alcohol after drinking that first bottle of wine. Have you thought about putting a sober plan together? It sounds like your wife is supportive and that is great!

Okay, I need to calm down and get to sleep! Talk to you all soon!