View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

WWS - Great job seeking extra support for your resolve by visiting SR a little more over the long holiday weekend. Seeking support by going to a meeting, calling my sponsor, or talking to another alcoholic always helps me. I hope your first day back to work is a pleasant one.

Stargazer - Good job saying no to the glass of wine. I find that some people "get" it and others don't.

Saskia - I really appreciate hearing about your journey. I'm finally learning that it's not necessary for people to understand or agree with me. I can't begin to tell you how much time that adds back to my day (haha). Seriously, think about the stress and hand wringing, coercion, and conversations with others strategizing how to make someone else understand me, that can take up so much of women's time, that are avoided by giving that up.

Carlos - Staying in the here and now is a wonderful goal, and I like your catchphrase "between the claps" for living in the moment.

KeyofC - I really related when you said you didn't expect these issues with your husband to be waiting for you when you got sober. When I stopped drinking I thought I was going to lose 20 lbs and keep moving forward as always, but nope, what awaited me instead was a diagnosis with autoimmune arthritis, work on boundaries with a needy user friend, and tons of issues with my husband - all of which related back to unresolved issues in childhood. It sure wasn't what I signed up for when I decided to stop drinking! It felt overwhelming. I didn't know where to start. The 12 steps provided me a framework and guidance for these heavy issues. As I progress along this recovery path, the weight of the world I carry my shoulders gets chiseled away chip by chip.