View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StellaPolaris

Action is in order. I’ve come to believe (much like I was told here) than in order to quit something, I have to start something else. I think just writing down how I felt helped me see it more clearly.

The serenity prayer is with me, and whenever I feel the need to revert back to my destructive ways I have a chat with my HP. “We’ve got this, right?” Of course we do.

So I reached out to a friend (planned a movie date on Wednesday), my daughter (I’ll be joining her on New Year’s Eve) and made plans with this girl I’m an aid for on Saturday. Also finally sent a form to volunteer at a local coffee shop for homeless people and addicts. Crisis averted.

I was asked when I joined SR what my recovery plan was (thanks, Dee). I have a solid plan in place, I just need to remember to use it. And to ask for help (the hardest part I guess - admitting weakness and reaching out).

Still looking forward to boring weekdays again though. Christmas seems a bit alienating when you don’t have a lot of friends and family, and drinking is a big part of our holiday celebration.

Fun fact: 1000 years ago farmers would be exiled if they didn’t brew beer for Christmas. Viking law and all…