View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Agree...

Hope my rant helps you. It is therepy for me too...

My anxiety is weak these days, but it is there as a reminder of the living hell I endured in early sobriety. When it fully fades I will only have the skills learned here and at my few AA meetings.

Coming up on 8 months and physically I am like a super hero compared to the weak blob I was last year. Mentally, I feel better than I have since I can remember. So confident. No fear of stinking like booze. No fear of looking like a drunk.

But.....

We know that once established our addiction pathways are there forever. We have read stories here...13 years sober...relapse....7 years sober...relapse....

The relapse looms like the cousin of the grim reaper. That is why I have been posting more these days. I know it strengthens me.

I have set some fitness goals that are going to only be achievable if I never drink. I have friends that don't drink. Some say they have a couple of beers, but I have never seen it. I am like them now.

Booze is poison. Proudly sober. Protecting my sobriety. It has been hard earned these last several months.