View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Berrybean

6 months was incredibly bad for me - due a lot to my procrastination around getting a sponsor and starting my step work. It took me a while to realise this though and I suffered for it. Thankfully I realised what I needed to do, and once working the steps helped me to learn how acceptance and prayer could be used in my everyday life to keep my character defects at bay, and stay, for the most part, undisturbed by 'stuff' and in a place of serenity.

I have heard many old timers say that it's the time AFTER Christmas that was the stumbling block for them. Please, please phone your sponsor and meet up to chat about how you're feeling. (If you don't have a sponsor yet, perhaps now is a good time to get one. ) In the meantime, pray to your HP and ask that he / she / it remove that self-pity from you, and for knowledge of his / her / its will for your and the power to carry it out. Use the serenity prayer often, and get to some meetings asap (even if you have to walk or beg a lift / ride to get there). Commit to staying sober an hour at a time if a day seems to big, and keep posting here. You can get through this.