View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
brach123

Lots of great successes happening in this here thread!

Thanks a lot ubntubnt, yes I've been hear before also, with some sober time but after a period of time, I'd lost my firm resolution and motivation to remain sober. After time I crumbled. This time around I feel like remaining sober is the one essential thing in my life, I really need it if I want to live past 40 and have any sort of happy life in the meantime. I hope after how bad things have got that it will remain firmly embedded in my mind that sobriety/recovery is my number 1 priority. That said the alcoholic mind is mighty tricky and deceptive so I plan on posting here daily and attending AA meetings a few times a week to maintain momentum! :-)

I had such a great few days over Christmas and wasn't tempted to drink; I did have a few moments feeling a little uneasy and anxious being around people drinking, but it soon passed and I avoided it mostly. If I find myself getting anxious or even excitable I always take a step back to relax, meditate and bring my mind back to being more calm. I make much wiser decisions when I'm calm and balanced!

Have a great sober day guys, all the best!