View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Duff, so glad reading here helped you. Been having some wobbles for a while, still thinking about that women's meeting? There's a meeting on the coast here I'd like to try and make. It's awesome. But it's early and in another town. We'll see.

This trip home has been really fun so far. I built up seeing me dad so I was a bit scared. It was fine. He was very sweet. We didn't talk about the wedding. J skyped in and my step mother actually wanted to "meet" her! That was sweet. I didn't try with dad, but I still walked the phone around yesterday and let people "meet" and talk to her. It was nice.

This has been the trip of booze! It's cracking me up. I go to my uncles first. He hardly drinks. We've seen each other several times since I quit, and I've said no thanks enough times that he hadn't offered alcohol in a while. Well, I'm in town like an hour and my aunt wants to buy me beer. I told her I don't drink anymore. About an hour after that, my uncle tried to get me to drink some moonshine thing he had. Christmas Eve, my aunts mom gave me a bottle of wine. Then yesterday, my stepsister was giving out rum to everyone.

So now I have a bottle of wine and a bottle of rum to regift! Lol. Two years ago I might well have caved. Last year when I was here, my sponsor relapsed and I felt a bit rudderless. I might have drank then. This year, I'm just laughing. Let's see, who in my friend group here likes rum? Lol