View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

@SwimKim, Patricia, Enfin & KIR:
Thanks for the reminder that alcohol sucks!!! I'm home now laying in the recliner watching TV. I'm soooo tired! I'm gonna take a nap & then get my favorite carryout for dinner tonite. And NETFLIX!!! Prison Break is soooo good!

***@Enfin, I'm so sorry you drank. I was worried about you when you said you went to the pub with your friends last week. More often than not alcoholics in early sobriety will probably slip after doing that. Our AV just screws with us! I remember how confident you sounded after successfully NOT drinking at the pub that night. You AV was probably plotting and planning without you knowing it. Grrrrr....

You did EXACTLY what I would have done had I gone to a pub this early in sobriety. I would have NOT drank anything at the pub with my friends but would have "rewarded" myself the next day (for not drinking) with alcohol. Ugh. Crazy, huh?

Don't beat yourself up! You have a disease. Can you avoid pubs at all costs for a period of time? Maybe the first year??? Are you using any tools in addition to SR?

Please stay with us! We really care about you! Post later & let us know how you are. (((Hug)))