View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
....bad day.
You ok Canguy?

Andy-just hang in there. This sobriety gig isn't for the faint of heart.

Ultra- I'm just curious why your wife say that "maybe a few
Would be nice" knowing your history? Does she drink? Did she somehow think you could control it if you only bought a few and just wanted you to relax? I'm glad you two drove away empty handed!
I was given another bottle of Chardonnay today when I stopped in the office. I still have the bottle from last week in my wine rack along with Xmas Champagne for guests, so I gave the new bottle to an employee. I figured I had plenty of alcohol for company and I certainly don't need any.
I've been feeling pretty up the last few days, but I am nervous thinking one of those horrible days could hit at any second.
Today when I had a craving I just thought about something I did this summer after drinking wine with my friends at the beach (I drove buzzed), and I just re-play that image through because up until this past year I would NEVER drive if I had anything more then one glass of wine. This proved to me that I was in a downward spiral because I had had 3 glasses of wine at the beach. (It was over a few hours, but the fact remains that I was buzzed and crossed my line in the sand). What if I had got in an accident? What if I killed an innocent person, including my own child? Those thoughts quickly stop the cravings.
Do all of you have a terrible thought that you can use to help you get through your cravings??????