View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi everyone - Christmas Eve morning. I can't believe it. My plan is to get to yoga this morning, finish wrapping gifts and do some cards, then see my psychiatrist this afternoon before settling in for a long winter's night... just kidding it's like 70 degrees here!

Yesterday was a long but interesting day. In the morning I attended my son's school "variety show" where the students get to perform in front of teachers and families. I was kind of dreading it as the kids are all special needs, some more severe than others and it was a long show (over 2 hours). But in the end I really enjoyed it and it was very uplifting to see such joy in these kids over the simple things like performing and having fun. Unexpected gift of the holiday season.

I did finish up my work so now I have a good chunk of time off (back on Monday) and then spent several hours playing Santa ,organizing and wrapping my kids gifts. Even when I was married I did the bulk of this work so nothing has changed now that I'm divorced, I just get to do things exactly as I want to with no one else criticizing me Oh I do love being single. Once in a while I miss having someone, but most of the time the ability to just do things the way I want to outweighs any loneliness that might pop up.

Everyone, have an awesome day and I'll check in when I can!