View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
RedAndy

Day 39 and mostly good again, in laws arrived for Christmas, FIL asked the wife if we had any beers and she advised him I wasn't drinking, didn't go into reasons just that I felt better without, quick question about it from him when I came in just said the same and was left at that - we have had a few good days out together down the years and he's always liked a drink but he's sound enough to not push it further.

Few texts with a couple of close mates who I'd let know what was going on a few weeks back, checking I was ok and seeing where I'm at with things, poss expecting to hear that I'd had my wobble and things swept under the carpet again told them it really is over and that I no longer drink or do drugs, reply from one of them got me a bit:-

"You've defo done the right thing. U always had take it to next level. U will b truly missed. Haha. sure we can do something else together tho soon."

Know it's the only way tho to make the break - good friends and a large group of us but our social life has always been 95% heavy drinking / partying - feels a bit sad but 100 % the right thing to do.

AV had a bit of a try there but I really am not listening - ever.

Hope everyone else is having a good day and looking forward to the sober festive fun - finish work at lunchtime tomorrow and then home to start cracking with all the food preparation - I'm only cooking for 5 this year but I do like to put the effort in to serve up a great meal. Turkey is being roasted with a crispy bacon and maple butter under the skin - always like to try a different flavour / recipe for roasting the turkey.