View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Good morning all!
I'm glad you're doing better Patricia. I can understand that anger! How is the benzo withdrawal going, all better? I hope you have a great holiday.
Tufty-so glad you made it through yesterday and committed to all of us for another sober day! You're a man of your word and that's big! Congratulations!
I'm off to spend some of my "booze savings" on myself today. Facial, 90 minute massage, and haircut! I think I still have money left over! What an expensive habit!
It's hard to actually realize the savings when your buying so many holiday gifts, but since I'm done shopping and wrapping it seemed like a great day to indulge and relax a bit!
Have a great day classmates!
You deserve it, KIR!!! Enjoy : )

So, did my first meditation session this morning and it felt great! It was one of my tools in early sobriety and one I stopped doing before my relapse so stands to reason...thank's for the reminder KIR and what I do is find a quite, solitude place (outside if at all possible) and sit quietly, closing my eyes I focus on breathing and then let your vision focus on the center of your forehead (what they call the third eye) and just breath. I have a book that I read to learn more if you're interested PM me and I would be happy to mail it to you or refer you to where I purchased it. I'm sure there's tons of other methods as well. When I was in rehab they taught us guided meditation and that was really awesome!

Anyways, couldn't take it any longer so I just tried out the ole foot on a quick mile run on the treadmill. I think it wen't really well! Felt like it was actually scratching an itch...like when wounds start to heal and they itch...weird, I know. BUT...felt amazing to run again and gives me great hope for my up coming ultra!!!

Have a great one all!

Last edited by ultradad; 12-23-2015 at 07:20 AM. Reason: forgot something