View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
tufty13

Originally Posted by fruitymarzipan View Post
Hey there everyone, thought id say hello. I gave up the dreaded drink on 1st November. Iv posted in many of these "class of" threads - iv joined and always end up relapsing and joining another one! Getting more and more embarrassed & feeling a failure each time. This has been whilst I have been detoxing from painkillers. Its never worked and I have never stuck at it but never been sure why. I now know why and its because I have always continued to drink as I have seen the painkiller addiction as the primary problem. But of course the alcohol lowers my resolve and sends me right back to my drug of choice. Funny I have had no problem admitting I am a painkiller addict but always struggled to admit im an alcoholic. Well finally I have given up everything and its definately wierd especially at this time of year. Im a registered nurse and am working long hours this week which is good as it means I cant drink! Im off Christmas Day so need to just get through that! But looking forward to seeing my kids open their prezzys Xmas morning without a hangover!! Nice to meet everyone, hope your all having a good Xmas week x
Belated welcome to the class Fruity, I hope you hand around.