View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Midton

Today is the Emperor's birthday and a national holiday. So I spend the day shopping at Costco and the got back to my city and went Christmas shopping for my kids.

Costco allows me to buy food that I can't otherwise get here. I can but really healthy food which affirms my sobriety a little more, gives me a little bit stronger of a defence. I bought quinao, turmeric, oat meal as well at massive bags of almonds and walnuts. It wasn't all healthy though as I also stocked up on the obligatory marshmallows and also some Hershey's nuggets. Spent over 400 USD which makes me both happy and sad.

I then got my youngest daughter some Christmas presents. She has wanted a digital camera for a while and I initially fobbed her off thinking it was just a phase. She kept asking for one so she'll get one this Christmas.

My son wants an iPhone 6 but Santa thinks he is about 3 years too young so I have a bit of a problem what with less than two days to go.

As far as drinking I'm great. I'm kind of in the holiday spirit but nothing is pulling me towards drink and I really find this shocking. At Costco they were offering samples of wine and champagne in thimble sized plastic vessels, it didn't effect me at all, and the sight of red wine usually does.

I'm confident at present and I think this has resulted in me posting less though I'm still a daily reader. I know that confidence comes before a fall and all that so I am trying to will myself to feel more vulnerable. I need to feel the pain more or the elapsed time will convince me that I have no alcohol problem and can drink again. To be honest that is how I feel right now. I feel that I could drink and be fine if I wanted to. The reason I'm not drinking is that this sober life is going great for me and I want it to continue. Maybe it's time for me to re-read my first post from all those years ago.