View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
sydneyman

I received a frantic call from my sister last night.My mother has been choking on food and drink as her ability to swallow is now taken away. My sister kept this away from me I guess. The only solution is inserting a feeding tube into my mums stomach. So now the last pleasure, food is taken away from her. God I hate this disease.
I ended up drinking some wine . My partner hauled bags full of wine to school but got the same amount back from his teachers so hence the wine at home if you wondering. Not enough to get drunk but I drank. It was there and I saw it when I was on the phone.
I am going for my walk this morning and work and no hangover. I am keeping away from SR until my return as I can not commit to sobriety until I return from Finland. I Mother in law arrives today, the last thing I need as the 2 can argue and the air gets tense.
So Merry Christmas to you all have a safe holiday. Give your loved ones a big kiss and hug and tell them you love them. They can be taken away so fast and easily. We take them so for granted every day.
I do not intend to become who I was before my journey started in October. Who knows maybe I even stay sober. I will return here and post when I get back.