View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Good morning!

Morning everyone! Just checking in for the day. I have an AA meeting at 1:00 that I am looking forward to, some exercise and lots of gift wrapping!

@Blackbird- WOW! You stay up all night for work? Ouch! I only stay up too late because I am a night owl and I WANT to but always regret it in the morning. I am working on changing it! I think going to bed early will be my New Years resolution! :-) P.S. you crack me up about needing to stop eating! Wait til after the new year on that one! hahahahaha. I am right there with you!

@Enfin-I am soooo glad you don't have a hangover! Can you imagine how awful that would be? Ugh. As far as explaining to people why you aren't drinking, why don't you just tell them you are trying to get in shape or take a "break"? I have always thought it was interesting why people are always so concerned with MY drinking? Does me NOT drinking make THEIR drinking look worse? Hmmmm..... Oh, and I will PM you my address so you can send me some of that cashew brittle and oreo fudge you made! hahahaha. Not telling you what to do here but be careful going into pubs for a while. It can catch up to you. Your AV will try to convince you to drink eventually. I will not go withing a mile of a pub for a long time! I don't care what is going on....my life is not worth it! I was a pub drinker too so it's dangerous for me! Just looking out for ya! You are doing so great though enfin! I am seriously so proud of you!!! 25 days! I remember when you first came here. You were so sad and hopeless. NOW LOOK AT YOU....and it will only get better each day we stay sober!

@Jemma- HEY! How are ya??? I was wondering how you were doing? So glad to hear you are doing well! I need to get a job again so it forces me to go to bed early too! I quit my job last January because I was always hungover and just needed to focus on myself for a while. I intended to get sober last January but I just couldnt make it past 3 or 4 days! It took me until November 15th of this year to finally get over that hump! I am gonna look for a job after the first of the year but for now I am just focusing on my sobriety.

@sobermarathon- 30 days!!! Woo Hoo! I totally related to what you said about the hell that you were in 30 days ago. Can you believe we did that to ourselves? I would go to bed each night thinking about killing myself! I didn't wasnt to die, I just wanted the pain to stop...you know? I am never going back to that! Some days are hard...but nothing is as hard as feeling the hell you described in your post about you last drink. I am so happy for you and your right, it WILL just keep getting better and better! We ARE stronger together! Our AV has no hope against the power of the NOVEMBER ARMY! That's why we must stay together...their is power in numbers!

@Rah-Congrats on day 4! You are doing great and working so hard! I admire your strength and courage! You just strike me as someone who is NEVER going to give up! I can tell you really want sobriety! Keep it up and remember to have you armor on and lots of tools for when that AV pops up out of nowhere! Its a sneaky little sucker!

@Cristina-MORNING!!!

@Ultradad-That's a great idea about putting my iphone down! I think I will need to also lock it in a safe and swallow the key! lol

@Tufty-HEY!!! I am so glad you are doing great! What are "tabs"? haha

@FRUITYMARZIPAN- Well HELLO and WELCOME!!! So glad you are here with us! We have the best class around! We are the NOVEMBERISTS! hahaha Check in often so we can get to know you. I think it's cool that you are a nurse! I always wanted to be a nurse. Who knows...maybe some day I will go back to school and get another degree in nursing! With sobriety anything is possible! :-)

Well....I need to go get ready for my AA meeting. Have a great sober Tuesday and IF YOU HAVE A CRAVING.....don't forget to post here, eat, go for a walk, call a trusted friend or family member, read your first post here so you can remember how miserable drinking is etc. etc........ if you have a craving.