View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Know exactly what you mean re the stress and arguing with the wife Ultradad - same thoughts yesterday for me about drinking after we had words - like you say tho what on earth is that going to prove and who exactly is it going to punish ??
Ultra and Andy-
Stress is a really big trigger for most of us. I noticed that during the first few weeks my husband was so sweet to me because he really wanted to support me, and either he changed or I got really antsy, but we started to argue and it really made me want to drink. The angrier I got the more I wanted to drink. I childishly told him his actions were driving me to drink. He softened up a bit. After about a month I realized that even though we were arguing all the time (his fault and mine) that I wasn't going to allow it to make me drink, and I told him that my sobriety was priority so don't push it! That was a turning point for me. We still argue, but it no longer is a trigger for me. Each week h a new demon! Haha. This week is the holiday stress. I'm trying to meditate each morning to bring down the stress level a bit!

A Christmas hike sounds great! Our family doesn't live here either so we just have the kids and a few friends join us and have a low key celebration. Hang in there everybody.....it's already almost 2016!