View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Thank you guys! I have felt really good today. I remember at 60 days, PAWS hit bad and lasted a little while. So far that hasn't happened again. Here's hoping I didn't just jinx myself...
So much talk at work revolves around alcohol, and as usual it came up again today. My boss said maybe you should start drinking again. He said it in a joking way, but lately it's seemed like he brings up me not drinking more than I do. It made me wonder if me not drinking makes some people uncomfortable. Maybe because it makes them think about their own habits? I don't know. Me not drinking isn't about anybody else, so I don't bring it up unless I'm asked because I don't want to make people uncomfortable. When he said maybe you should start drinking again, I thought I can think of 100 great reasons why I shouldn't! I have goals again! And it's not just some pie in the sky kind of thing. I know what I want and how to get there, and I know it will not happen by drinking. Goals and motivation go out the window as soon as I start drinking. Then the only motivation I have is to get more booze. I'm not interested in that bad deal. I am excited about my life again!
Ok, trying to get excited to run. It's cold and dark, but I'll be glad I did it.