View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Thanks Ultra- Today is another up day! I can handle a coupke weird ones for several up days.
I'm down to the last two stocking stuffers to wrap (not bad out of 5) and all of the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. Now it's relaxation and planning for our Christmas meal ( I love that part). The kids all pick a theme, and it's usually Mexican food, so it's tamales, enchiladas, chicken tacos, maybe some carne asana, black beans, rice, and mom's killer spicy salsa! (Very California influenced) Then fun family games later. This year I bet I can do decent at the games since I'll be sober! Actually I might suck anyway, but it will be fun!!!!! Sweet!!!!!
Anybody else have special plans?????
Sounds like a blast KIR and I do love me some Mexican food!!! My wife is in the military and where we're stationed we don't have any family so it'll just be us and our 4 kids. We thought about doing a hike or something outdoorsy, as we all love that sort of thing, but nothing set in stone yet.

So, I figured out stress is a huge trigger for me, got seriously stressed earlier while arguing with my wife and almost felt like drinking just to show her, like I'm gonna punish her by drinking, that's just crazy thinking!!! The more I thought about it I realized how childish it was of me and that my AV was just looking for any excuse to drink. I know full well drinking wouldn't make a single thing better. Soooo, came straight home after work and making lunch to calm the nerves.