View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
honeypig

Thanks so much for sharing this new part of your recovery journey w/us, Liz. It generates so much hope, to see how far you've come and how well you're doing.

I certainly have no experience from which to speak, but it seems to me that what SK said is true--you just show up, moment to moment, and do the best you can. It sounds a lot like Brene Brown to me. What we who have spent years w/A's and/or other dysfunctional types can't get our minds around is that other people (friends or partners) might actually be OK w/the fact that we are human, we will struggle, we will fail. We can hold space (with love) for each other to learn and grow in, rather than condemning or mocking those efforts. It certainly seems that you've found such a person, and you deserve this chance.

And this is just huge. Astonishing. I hope someday I can be in this place:
And, if he does leave me, that's OK too, because I've learned so much already about myself and I'd be very grateful for just having had this opportunity to use a place of growth so that I can continue to grow and learn and move on.