View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Morning all : ) Longest sleep I've had in a long time! Feels so wonderful to wake up and not be hungover!!! I'm a bit sore from yesterdays workout and blessed because I didn't drink, but actually worked out! I tell you what, my biggest motivator this weekend has been that quote from Sobermarathon, it keeps playing over in my head and it has really changed my perspective about this whole process of sobriety. I'll leave it here again for others who may have missed it: " My therapist told me that the first year of sobriety is a bit like the first year after someone close to you dies. There's a year of birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, summer holidays - all of which you need to get used to being without that person or in our case, alcohol." The problem is I always want to bring this person/alcohol back into my life, but I can't. The worst friend I ever had, alcohol, has died and it can never be part of my life again...it's almost like a sense of relief I've been feeling the last couple of days. It's like the cancer is gone, the very thing that I thought I loved was killing me and somehow it died and I survived. It's like a battered spouse who finally has the courage to walk away and never look back! Freedom! Anyways, Canguy...I'm glad you made it through and so glad you have a plan in place for times like that! Great to see you rocking it Enfin!!! Thanks Supertired, now I want burritos for breakfast : / This coffee is especially tasty this morning, enjoy ya'll!
Great post Ultradad! It really gave me something to think about! :-)