Thread: Being Enough
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Liz.....however the relationship looks today---it will morph into something different by 3yrs. from now.
Who knows in what ways and in what direction....?....that has yet to be written ...

I wouldn't try to define it, quantify it, label it.....or try to "lock it own" with the "I love y ou nails"........

You don't completely know him....nor, him you......

The conflicts will come soon enough.....they always do....

dandylion
Amen!!! You got that right! I have yet to ask him for a definition of the relationship or have 'the talk' with him. I like things the way they are, honestly. I'm fully aware that there will be plenty of time for us to work on things and to find out more about each other. My sponsor always says: More will be revealed!!

We have had conflicts but he's always willing to see his part and to work with me. So far, he hasn't had any complaints about me, which I find humorous because I'm just as human as he is.

As for the future: well, he's building a new home that will be less than 2 miles away from my current home. We live 16 miles apart now so I think a lot more will be revealed when we live within a closer proximity to each other. He is currently storing his collectable paintings, wine, and other collectables at my home while his current home is on a lockbox for showings. His house should be done in late March/early April.

And, as a funny aside: his 7 year old called me mommy last weekend while at a family party (his sister's 50th birthday at his home). I told her, "No, sweetie. You have a mom and she's awesome, right. I'm not your mom." She replied, "But you will be!!" Ummm? yeah, not sure what to do with that one. Out of the mouths of babes, right? I still haven't told the bf what she said because I'm sure it didn't come from him as he's pretty tight lipped with his kids when it comes to us.