View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
pams

I slipped up last night. I didn't get drunk, I am not hungover, I did not do anything stupid. So that's all on the plus side.

I dunno, I was so exhausted after work this week...not physically exhausted, but mentally exhausted. I had some frustrating days struggling with the new financial system that is to be in place by January 1st. Which is probably not going to happen. I have 3 working days until Xmas break and I don't think that is going to be enough time. I cant believe that this system does not have a manual, or a webinar, or even a help function...WTF? I am reliant on a very very busy man in the IT department across the country to help out. It's frustrating to have to wait for this man to find time to call me so I can ask a simple question that could easily be answered with a FAQ section.

The wine did nothing for me. I don't feel guilty, or ashamed really. I feel just mostly disappointed. I blew my 30 some days on nothing. I could have just as easily came home and drank tea, but I didnt.

Although, I was reminded of the crap sleep I get when I drink. I woke up at 1am, with heartburn and feeling a little shaky. I really detest that shaky feeling. I woke up SO thirsty several times....and no amount of water seems to make it go away. I had to get up and refill my water bottles, take something for the heartburn, and something for the anxiety I get from the shaky feeling. So I slept later than normal this morning and have accomplished nothing so far today.

So ok. Wine is not my friend. That's settled. I am sitting here wondering what exactly I did get out of it 30 some days ago? Cause all I got out of it last night was a crap sleep, dehydration, heartburn and the need to use one of my anxiety meds.