View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Almost 2:10 AM and it's a cold 29 degrees outside! Red heat bulbs are shining all over the place! LOL Kids are warm though in their comfortable houses! That would be the pit crew gals and the dog in his large homemade doghouse! The Silkie girls are all underneath fuzzy blankets in the house and Mr. Sassy Boy Marvin is in his carrier right behind me with a red heat bulb on himself and the gas stove cranking the heat out! The three kitties are in their room with the heat pumping out in there too! They are sitting in the comfy chair watching TV thru the window into the porch room here!

I'm now18 months off my pain meds! And lots of months w/o my soda-coke! It's hard staying away from the goodies with Christmas looming around the corner! I'm doing pretty good though! LOL Last year at this time I was eating handfuls nonstop! Ugh! Frito's and different dips is what's getting me right now! I made me and Jethro a big ole salad for supper tonight! I cut bacon into tiny pieces to fry for the topping! I diced ham for Jethro and bologna for myself then heated it up for a few minutes in a skillet! Diced the onions and tomatoes. Cut the lettuce up, sprinkled tiny shredded cheese and shoe string carrots over the lettuce. Shew! Making salads is a lot of work, but so worth it!

Jethro didn't use all the ham so I suggested he use it and the sausage leftover from his spaghetti last night and make himself an egg omelet with it when he gets up? He agreed!

Jethro is apparently off the pain meds now! He's much more pleasant to be around! He's laughing and carrying on conversations with me and others w/o a bunch of negative BS! He also does more around here! I'll be happy when the pole barn gets built and he can start using it to work on stuff! With the weather getting colder he'll hibernate in the house instead of doing things! Which results in him sitting in front of the TV with one hand in a bag of goodies! This is NOT good! I too do a lot of sitting in front of the TV, but I'm not constantly shoving snacks in my mouth like he does! He can eat 1/2 a large bag of potatoe chips in no time! When I eat them? It's about a handful! I'll do good to eat this amount in a week if even then! Same amount of Frito's when I eat them with dip!

Little Sherry is now chasing the both of us all over the house whenever we are walking around! She's playing! Earlier Jethro had Sherry snuggled up against his shoulder from sitting on the couch and Maria on his other shoulder! Whenever I walk inside Sherry wants off the couch to run after me! LOL And talk talk talk to me the whole time. Of course I pick her up for some loving and sugar time. I then make sure I give Maria some sugars and attention too! Jethro gets a kiss on the forehead! LOL We get our hugs in when we aren't smothered in the girls! It does our heart good to see Sherry doing so well after we picked her up! She looks so different from the little girl we picked up! Much healthier and she's also getting her adult feathers in too!

I think she's older than what we were originally told. Jethro told me yesterday he saw blood in one of her poops! That's the first signs of getting ready to start laying eggs! Sorry if that's TMI!

Well things are good around here! We both have the usual aches and pains, but I've learned what to do for mine w/o the pain meds! Hopefully Jethro will figure it out too?

My house isn't the cleanest it should be, but I'm loving the Silkies attention and doing what I want! NOT what's expected of me! Even Mom has laid off the house cleaning and is enjoying getting out and doing things at home she loves to do w/o killing herself cleaning the house all the time. I can't count how many pills I took to be able to keep the house cleaned all the time! What a waste of my life and time! I've had many a pet chicken die on me that I could have been spending time with enjoying their company instead of doing housework! Yes I do things to keep things cleaned! I just don't spend a lot of time doing it like I did in the past! We aren't filthy!

I've spent so many years in the ARNG where everything had to be spit polished and cleaned that it really wore me out! Two of my XH's were also in the military! I was ironing their uniforms and mine. As well as polishing their boots and mine too! Cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, etc. was a daily event for me on top of the military duties! Living out of green Army bags for years was my existence too! Then I move in with Jethro who keeps everything. And collects everything! I'll hit the house and yard hard and heavy at times and then I let everything go again! I now see things as dust collector's! So I hate having things put out for display or pictures on the walls! I have lots of clear bins packed full of stuff I used to put out for display! Maybe one day they'll come out and be displayed again and then again maybe not! LOL

I might even start staying up during the day time once Jethro starts working out of his pole barn? He'll be out of my hair and out of my way to get things done again! Trying to get things done at night while he's asleep with his bedroom door open is a feat all in itself! I try shutting his door as quietly as I can and it usually will wake him up every time! ARGH! He'll "B" and tell me to leave it open! So I do and I go back to the porch room! OH how I LOVE my porch room!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD