View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Thanks for the list NT, that's a lot of work!
I feel like it's a little quiet around here the past couple of days Hope everyone is doing well and just busy with holiday stuff.
I am ending day 5 and I made it through this tough night after my last day of work for 2 weeks. I exercised and followed through with my plans to stay busy.

My emotions are all over the place. I have so much on my mind, I am just trying to work out things that have happened in my life this year and start learning how to deal with it all sober, and not just for a week or two here or there, but for good.

There is a huge emptiness without alcohol, or the anticipation of alcohol, during a few hours of they day, that's for sure. It feels uncomfortable and sad. I just keep reminding myself that alcohol is holding me back from so much. And if i keep it up, not only will I never grow or find peace with myself or my life, but things will get worse. I have goals for myself, goals that cannot be achieved with alcohol in my life.
So, even when my addiction tells me that it's Christmas, and I'm on vacation, and I have had a tough year and I deserve it, and that it will only be one night, or just once a week- I stop. I think of WHY I'm doing this. And there are SO MANY reasons why.
I think we are all in agreement that it's ok to ramble here, at least I hope so. Sometimes we need to!
hi Better Life, it may be a good idea to write those reasons down, if not on a piece of paper maybe in a blog post here. You read them and add to them over time which may help.

Don't try to do too much too soon in terms of pulling your life together. You are still in the very very early days. For now just try to stay busy and calm and get through the days. It will all come good in due course. Well done on getting to where you are.