View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Fabat50

Hi everyone. Am flying home tomorrow and will only have limited access to internet so I want to take this opportunity to wish our November bunch happy holidays, merry Xmas, fun, health, peace and above all sobriety.

I am 40/41 ish days sober.. starting to count the days less now. Am mostly on top of things. Slight wobble today. A friend of mine who is a lawyer sent me an email saying that he was wavering his fees for a recent job he did for me and I should just send him a great case of wine. I felt strong enough to hit the wine shop to chose him a nice present. All was going well until the end. I asked the guy to gift wrap the case of wine for me. He was taking ages and I was standing around looking at the tray of wines that were all open for wine tasting my the customers. I just had this suddent urge to grab one and pour it down my throat like a mad woman. I was getting really antsy and thought a wine tasting session might be OK because I can always taste and spit! But then I came to my senses. I did have to tell the guy who was wrapping that I needed to go outside and make a phone call!

All the best to all. Look forward to swapping success stories in the new year!