View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
abraxas69

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well. Embarking on my 4th weekend... tonight is one of the evenings I dreaded when I first posted here just over 3 weeks ago. SO is out at her works Christmas party and will be drinking heavily. Thought I'd be jealous and in turn would falter - the fact of the matter is nothing could be further from the reality.

Looking forward to an evening to myself playing some xbox and watching some tv or a movie. Throw in a some antipasti, a rib-eye steak, and if I've any room some Ben & Jerrys ice-cream.... :-)))

Which is exactly the sort of evening I used to look forward to when my SO was out for the evening. But by about 8pm I'd be no longer capable of concentrating on even the most basic of games or movies, so that would go out the door. I'd have my steak yes, but ask me the next morning whether I'd enjoyed it and I wouldn't be able to honestly answer the question.

The last few weeks haven't always been easy, certainly not. But tonight I am very much enjoying the benefits of sobriety :-)))

Take care everyone