View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
NoRetreat70

I do not disagree in any way. Though 1/4th the smallest dose they have / day scares me less than some of the other stuff I see prescribed in detox centers. Plus it's definitely not one of the meds I enjoy, can make me sleepy and I hate that. But you are absolutely correct, and cross addiction is something I do keep in mind, as we all should. Addiction comes in various forms (some people are addicted to carbohydrates even) and even a healthy addiction can be taken to dangerous levels. The thing that worried me most about my symptoms was that depending on quantity and time, and previous attempts to quit... those hyper nerves can cause bad things like dead (heart attack, stroke, seizures, ad nauseum) and my chest was beating hard enough at times it reminded me of a big scare I had a few years back. The ideal solution is to go into a detox center where they can give you hard core anti psychotic drugs n such. To be honest I feel strong confident, 11 days sober after 8-10 years of 6-12 units/day. and little to no need anymore for the small crutch I used to get past the worst of the first.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The problem with that for me would be that I was still using a substance, self medicating to help me 'cope'.

Many common medicines contain alcohol...even those that don't like Benadryl contains stuff like diphenhydramine, which I've seen people get addicted to, right here on this board.

Cross addiction (getting addicted to a drug we use to get off our drug of choice) is very real.

MY CNS calmed down by itself, in time.

I know...you said tiny sips...your call, but I really urge you to reconsider this NoRetreat.

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone else here to do the same, man.?

D