View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
You are right, Snooz, if you live you live, if you die, you die.

You DO have a choice.

10 years ago, my children buried a Grandmother they never got to know because of this illness. My Mother. She died on Christmas Day at age 55.

Your words above make me angry. Damn angry. Because I saw the same kind of attitude in her at times, when this disease had her by the throat. I saw you post here your deep sadness when Josie passed, how you wished you could have done more, and you questioned - was there anything else you could have done?

I'm sitting here now nearly at 5.30am, worried sick about you, a person I don't know in real life, but who I've gotten to know over the past 2+ years, seen the compassion and joy you've brought to others and what a wonderful person you seem to be sober. I care about you. I would not post if I didn't, but it's gotten to the point Snooz, where it's hurting me. It's reminding me of my Mother, it scares me that Ryliegh will be like my kids and be attending the funeral of a person she never really got to know because her Grandma had the "if I live I live, if I die I die." Attitude.

I think you are still actively drinking Snooz, from the posts last night.

Given this time next week is the 10 year anniversary of my Mums death, your blasé attitude is upsetting me immensely now and I've chosen not to post and focus on my sober life and family in the lead up to
Christmas. I've accepted you are choosing the path you want and I love you Snooz, but I've said it before, you remind me of my Mum for all the good reasons, but all the bad reasons too, so it's time for me to step away for now and wish you all the best.

There's phone numbers in this thread, there's a mountain of PMs from people who care, the same people who would be devastated if this goes pear-shaped.

Please consider what sober Snoozy would do, because I really don't think you are thinking straight on this, and let's face it, alcohol damages our brain the more we consume it. Good luck with your decision Snooz.
Crois said it all so well and so eloquently, and I feel the same way.

Seeing your comment Snooz ~ If I live I live, If I die I die really hurt my heart.