View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hey Overs,

FG, nice to see you. I'm sure you will get that internet thing sorted out soon. Hey, the dufis trump wants to limit internet access in the usa if he becomes prez...my days on here might be limited.

IP, sounds cold. I had a friend that moved to Alaska (haha, decided to do so while dating me ) and she had to buy some engine heater contraption. Do you have one of those?

Drake, welcome back to SR. Sounds like you had fun...and kept it sober. Good for you. I spent two winters ago in St Thomas another land of cheap booze and even had a roomie that was the brand manager for Patron in the USVI - it was my fav and it was everywhere in our home. To be honest, it didn't even phase me in the least...I can look through that bottle to what awaits on the other side.

Least, congrats on 7 years. You were the first person to respond to my first post on SR, 11/1/2010, where I proclaimed day 3 for me. It was a cool response with you saying, "I hope it is your last day 3." It wasn't, I had two more 8 month runs left in me...but the comment did strike a cord. Kudos!!

Snooze, thanks for the PM...you are in my thoughts and I am sending positive vibes daily.

Itch Man...sweet msg to least. My best with your new home trials and tribulations.

I continue to knock down the obstacles and barriers to having all my affairs in order prior to leaving for Florida. It has been a challenge to say the least and has tested my resolve to live the one and only code in the Big Book...to be loving and tolerant to others and simply focus on keeping my side of the street clean...and all will work out.

Fact is, it hasn't been so bad to approach new issues practicing AA principals in all my affairs...in fact. it is refreshing to finally have a filtering system, where before there was none. Accepting a middle ground was so foreign to this self centered, egotistical fearful alkie. Hey, the middle is a cool place.

I held on to things, ideas, opinions...well, everything so tight, feeling this need to win or find bigger and better for years...never satisfied. Now I know what they mean in AA when they were telling me to let go...lol. Letting go of my old ways of thinking and doing things has offered a peace, joy and freedom far beyond what I ever imagined I would have.

Well Itch Man, I've procrastinated long enough for today. Back to the business of moving forward in today.

Hi to all others...gotta boogie.

Carlos