View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Marcher13

Good morning Marchers from a sunny Paradise. Paradise was black this time yesterday, we had the beginnings of a tornado go through here yesterday! It hit land in Sydney where it made a mess of houses in one Sydney suburb. Crazy! Up north in Dee's part of the world cyclones happen but tornadoes aren't meant to happen here.

We got off super lightly with only power outages for several hours but, in Sydney, a small area got really severe damage.

Ken I think Duff is probably spot on with her info about family behaviour with estates, how awful that that sort of thing is going on.

Duff I'm not cringing about Betty Crocker, there is a time and place for everything, but I think you are probably right -- a meeting could be a good idea.

You know although I've simplified our own Christmas enormously I'm still stunned by people who keep making the whole thing bigger than Ben Hur. Some of the stuff we are framing for Christmas is over-the-top-expensive. I had a woman come in yesterday who spent $300 on art supplies for her four year old!

On a totally opposite tangent, I am doing some interesting reading. Have you heard of Alexandra Stoddard? She's an American woman -- now in her 70s -- who had a career as a designer and is also a philosopher. I hasten to add not a "life coach" but a thinker and someone who studies the classical thinkers.

I bought a couple of her ebooks a while back and they are really speaking to me. I'm not religious and I don't like new age life coaching but this stuff has enormous appeal to me.

I remember Grtgrandpa (a long time now deceased SR member) saying that the first year of recovery is physical, the second mental and the third spiritual. I think in my case that may prove true.

Have a good day everyone.