View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Evening all----I almost drank tonight after 38 days! What a frightening thought. I did an annual Christmas stocking shopping trip with my sons GF. While we were at the store she made a comment about getting some champagne for our cookie marathon on Saturday and also for Christmas Day. I didn't really respond so She then asked if I was still not drinking. I told her I wasn't so she dropped it.
At that point we were starving so we decided to go out for dinner. Before we got there I had the most intense craving. I just wanted to have a drink with my girl and have fun and laugh. I put it in check, but 5 minutes later while we were on our way it returned. It took my breath away. It was so scary and unexpected that I wish I had SR on my iPhone. I put my AV in check before we went inside.
Anyway, we sat and I ordered club soda and she ordered ice tea. I let her know it was fine if she wanted a drink because that didn't bother me (and other people drinking really doesn't) and she really wanted to make sure it was ok because she didn't want to disrespect me or make things hard. I assured her it was fine and our dinner was nice.
All I can say is never think you've got this disease licked!!!

KIR
Way to push through KIR! I know that feeling and it is extremely scary! I think it shows great progress on your part for recognizing it and shutting it down before it got out of hand! Awesome!!!